The good thing about keeping and organising items in your bedroom into vintage style storage is that they add to the style and decor of the room – without cluttering up the space.
Here are some quick storage decorating ideas to get you going:
- Wooden crates can be used to create your own custom shelving (1)
- Vintage suitcases can be used to store things under the bed – they can also be used as a side table with hidden storage space just like in picture (2)
- Wire baskets can be used to store linens (3), blankets, dirty laundry, or magazine.
- A old wooden leaning ladder can hang up clothes and blankets. While a wooden step ladder can be used as a side table (4)
- An vintage style picture frame or mirror frame can be repurposed to hang and display jewellery (5)
- Putting a vintage trunk at the foot of the bed will act as storage and doubles as a changing bench
- See what items in your bedroom can be stored in modern wicker baskets and hampers – for example shoes can be stored in wicker hampers.
- A wicker basket or a galvanised bucket can act as a trashcan
- Replace any plastic you have around your dresser vanity (lotions, make up, etc) with elegant and chic glass bottles. These glass bottles can also be used to house plants
Storage Tips and Vintage Bedroom Ideas
When it comes to vintage inspired furniture pieces, go with wooden or metal. The raw material will give a more rustic/industrial vintage style. Or for a more colorful option, go with a chip painted style (can be done DIY) in a pastel shade – just like in picture (6).
Storing everything in good looking containers on open shelving will add to the style and the vintage decor of the room (7). Check out the old suitcases, wicker baskets, and tin containers, glass containers in picture (8).
When looking for storage ideas and designs, just remember to use premium materials. Wood, wicker, steel, galvanised metal, enamel, and glass will all create elegant storage and decor in your bedroom.